Distressed furniture is one of the primary elements of the cottage style. White with a worn and weathered look are the hallmarks of the finish.
This style lends itself to thrift store and vintage finds. If you’re unable to find the perfect piece, distressing the furniture yourself is an option.
In this WikiHow article, https://www.wikihow.com/Distress-Furniture, four methods are demonstrated with step by step graphical instructions on how to create a distressed look on a variety of surfaces.
- Distressing wood furniture
- Distressing furniture with milk paint
- Distressing laminate furniture
- Distressing metallic furniture
Here are some of our favorite looks for distressed furniture…
If you don’t want to do it yourself there are many options available for purchase to create the cottage style with distressed looking pieces…
- Cottage Traditions Distressed White Bedroom Furniture Set
- View Larger
- Price: $2740.00